\\\ Keeping Pets Cool \\\ Updated Summer 2022
How Do I Keep My Dogs Cool In Summer?
16 Best Tips To Keep Your Dogs Cool
With thermometers reaching new temperatures around the globe, keeping your pets cool during warmer months now bring owners new challenges
There are plenty of ways to try and keep your dog cooler, perhaps you have some tried and tested pet cooling ideas that you can add to our list? Please contact us.
|If your dog persistently shows signs of heat exhaustion, contact your vet.|
Keep fresh water bowls in shady parts of the garden for all your pets
Best Tips To Keep Dogs Cool In Summer
- Keep plenty of freshwaters available in dog bowls around the home 24/7.
- Put small amounts of freshly crushed small ice cubes in dogs’ water bowls which help to keep the water cooler for longer.
- Make sure your dog’s bed isn’t in direct sunlight and that your pet has areas around the home to access all day where there is shade.
- Soak a towel in cold water and lie it on their waterproof dog bed to help them lie on a cooler surface.
- Avoid taking dog walks at midday and early afternoon when the temperatures are at their hottest.
- Keep walks to grassy cooler surfaces rather than hot tarmac pavements and surfaces that can burn paws.
- Feed your dog an hour after exercising or at least an hour before.
- Trim your dog’s coat if they are particularly furry, long-haired breeds to help cope with the warmer temperatures.
- Dog cooling coats are an option. Jackets that can be refrigerated and worn by your dog to keep them cool is known to reduce their temperature.
- Dog cooling mats are also useful, tried, and tested to help dogs stay cooler.
- Kong toys filled with treats such as peanut butter can be put in the freezer and frozen. This will keep your pet interested for longer and be a lovely cool snack.
- Small paddling pools can be fun and help your dog to cool down, put in a shady position in the garden and the water will stay cooler longer.
- Treats such as apple slices ad carrot slices can be frozen and these will last longer.
- Always carry water and a travel bowl for your thirsty dog when out dog walking and on journeys.
- Use sunshades on vehicle windows to help lower the interior temperature.
- Try and park your vehicle in a shady position to keep the temperature lower in warmer months when travelling with pets.
\\\ Selected Petcheck Blogs
Keeping Your Cat Cool
Updated Summer 2022. Keep your cat cool in summer. Summer overheats cats. How to keep your cat cool. Cat water fountains. Best tips for cool cats. Author Petcheck.blogKeep reading
Dog Swimming In Brighton
Updated summer 2022. Many dogs love water. Visit dog swimming events, dog friendly beaches. lakes and rivers. Stay dog safe. Dog buoyancy jackets explained. Author Petcheck.blogKeep reading
Best Dog-Friendly Swim Beaches
Dogs swimming in the sea. Cleanest and dirtiest UK beaches, seawater. rivers. Dog friendly beaches, seawater swims. Defra seawater testing. Updated. Author Petcheck.blogKeep reading
\\\ Petcheck Blog Copyright © 2020-2022 Need to get in touch? – please use our contact page Pet Check UK