\\\ Pet Christmas
Empty Gift Boxes? Christmas is a busy time for the gift voucher industry and perfect for everyone who simply has run out of ideas of what to buy for their pet loving friends, colleagues and family.
What perhaps is incredible is that the UK Gift Card and Voucher industry is now worth nearly 7 billion British pounds according to 2019 figures and report published by GlobalData and UKGCVA. The same size as the entire Pet Industry!
Two thirds of cards are given as gifts with a growing market of cards being given to employees as incentives or customers as rewards.
10 Of The Best Pet Gift Cards
|Dog Chews Store||Buy Gift Vouchers for a range of dog accessories especially toys and grooming products.|
|Stylish Pets||Don’t miss buying Gift Vouchers for stylish dog and cat wear.|
|Natural Cornish Products @CornishPetShop||Vouchers to use from a natural range of dog and cat products specially produced from Cornwall.|
|Pet London @PoppyPetLondon||Buy Gift Vouchers from a beautiful range of everything you need for your pooch and paws.|
|Exoctic Pets Store @exoticpets||Perfect for buying for anyone who owns an exotic pet. Gift cards available in £100 denominations.|
|Barks & Bunnies @BarksBunnies||Perfect gift whether you own a dog, cat or small pet starting from cards just £5.00.|
|Pet Planet @PetPlanetcouk||Buy Pet Gift vouchers starting from £10.00 which can be cashed-in on a huge range of everyday pet merchandise.|
|Pets At Home @PetsatHome||Buy Pet Gift Vouchers from the largest UK pet store group where vouchers cannot be used online, only in-store, along with other restrictions, buying virtually all the accessories you need for your dog, cat, rabbit and other small pets.|
|Groomers @GroomersUK||Buy Pet Gift Vouchers for a range of grooming accessories and grooming courses and collect loyalty points.|
|Pet Pyjamas @PetsPyjamas||Buy Pet Gift Vouchers that can be used towards luxury travel stays in dog-friendly hotels.|
Support Small Business
Sadly fewer small pet businesses offer gift vouchers or card deals, preferring to spend smaller marketing budgets on prompt customer service, speedy deliveries, personalised gifts, and appreciate 5 Star Trust Pilot, Feefo, and local Google customer reviews left by satisfied customers and importantly, return the following year.
What are gift cards, vouchers and e-cards?
Gift cards, these credit card size plastic branded cards with pre-loaded money on them are available in most high street locations around the UK and if your high street is ‘closed’ or they are unavailable locally to pick up you can purchase them online from dedicated providers. There are two main types, single branded cards to be used only in one chain of stores or a multiple retail gift card that can be redeemed in various participating outlets.
Gift Vouchers sometimes known as gift tokens are physical bits of papers that have a pre-determined value. Again they can be branded more popular for a solo shopping outlet and multi-retailers. Can be ordered online and sent to you in the post or picked up from the store on the High Street.
e-Gift Cards are online gifts in the form of a message with a pre-paid amount of money paid by the sender of the gift with a message sent to the recipient by the company alerting that they have a money gift waiting for them to purchase their goods or services. They can be extremely useful and available 24/7 to purchase and send. Perfect if you’ve realised that you’ve forgotten a present at the last minute.
What are the benefits of Gift Cards, Vouchers and E-Cards?
- Quick and easy to purchase.
- e-cards delivered by email.
- Cards usually can be used multiple times until empty.
- No postage costs
- Introduces your friend or relative to possibly a new trading customer they haven’t purchased from before.
- Can usually be used on sale items
- Recipients tend to spend over the amount of the gift voucher or card adding it towards a more expensive item they may not have considered purchasing. A win-win situation!
And the down sides?
Cards, e-cards and vouchers –
- Need to be used generally within a time date, sometimes quite difficult to find and so it’s important to get spending as soon as possible to avoid expiry dates.
- May have other hidden conditions so terms and conditions must be read.
- They can become worthless if a trading outlet goes into administration with little recourse so it’s important to always buy from a reputable outlet.
You may like to read
- Choosing Your Pet To Eat A Traditional Christmas Lunch
- Choosing Your Pet To Eat A Vegan
- Choosing your Pet-Friendly Christmas Wrap and Ribbons
- Choosing your Pet-Friendly Christmas Candles
- Choosing Your Pet-Friendly Christmas Plants
- Choosing Your Pet-Friendly Christmas Tree
- Best Pet Christmas Crackers
- Best Christmas Pet Hampers
- Best Christmas Cards
\\\ Copyright © Pet Check UK Pet Check Blog 2020 Design Horizon